Meet professional Consultant, here ...
Edward R.'s Profile
Highly experienced Facilitator and Consultant
Ned brings facilitation and training experience with local and international businesses and not-for-profits. He has developed and implemented facilitated meetings for problem solving, decision making, and team development and learning events in process improvement, communications, diversity, sexual harassment prevention, stress management, meeting management, and spiritual formation.
As Senior Consultant and Founding Partner of a reputed training firm, Ned applies his expertise in designing facilitation and learning events to a wide range of corporate, institutional and private engagements. He provides management consulting services, determining potential applications of action research and adult learning principles to allow management, staff, and other stakeholders to jointly create the future they want.
Ned previously served as a senior consultant, process specialist, and methodology mentor to Computer Sciences Corporation, specializing in business process improvement and change management. He served as a senior business analyst for UnitedHealthcare and was trained in Six Sigma. He was a program manager, facilitator, and internal consultant for the US Coast Guard; a senior analyst in submarine operations for Sonalysts, Inc.; and a special lecturer in management, operations research, and computer science for the University of New Haven. Ned served as a nuclear-trained division officer in the US Navy submarine service.
Significant projects include:
* Facilitated team that saved 70% of cost of producing Local Notice to Mariners by reengineering the process
* Led team that developed experiential course for potential Internet developers
* Saved over $15 million by demonstrating that large system development project did not have feasible return on investment
* Led strategic planning retreats for United Action, Fiddleheads Natural Food Coop, and Niantic Community Church
* Revitalized and expanded the role of the Human Relations Council at the Coast Guard Research and Development Center.
* Trained and led team that completed required Sexual Harassment Prevention Training with 100% of staff, receiving Commanding Officer’s Letter of Commendation
* Received CSC Wall of Fame Award for process redesign of project configuration management
Ned received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Penn State and a Master of Science degree in operations research from the University of New Haven where he was named an Academic Graduate Fellow.
He is a member of the International Association of Facilitators and a past member of the Board, and served on the editorial board of Group Facilitation: A Research and Applications Journal. He volunteers with the Global Facilitator Service Corps, Habitat for Humanity of SECT, Hospice SECT, Fiddleheads Food Cooperative, Second Step Players, and ArtReach. He is past president of Niantic Community Church.
Group facilitation, presentation, interviewing, process analysis, process improvement, process redesign, process reengineering, business analysis, information systems analysis and specification, six sigma, learning events, training development, training delivery, methodology development, procedure writing, process modeling, cost/benefit analysis, functional base costing