A professional Trainer, here ...
Stuart E.'s Profile
Expert Mentor, Trainer & Consultant
Stuart has been actively involved in Training and Consultancy for many years; applied practical experience is the strong feature of my work. He believes that everything in organisations starts and finishes with people; getting the buy in and the best from people, is therefore a priority for every organisation.
A lot of his work is therefore centred on facilitation; working with "hearts and minds" and alongside those people who will be involved on making changes. Stuart believes that learning and changing must be connected and that you cannot have one without the other.
He is widely experienced in Business (up to main board director level) and specifically, in Commercial Management and includes in his portfolio; Strategy, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, People Management, Problem Solutions and Training/Staff Development.
CAREER KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
* Suggesting and negotiating changes to "traditional" habits, and facilitation of new methods.
* Worked with many UK FTSE 100 companies and also Global/MNC companies, in the private and public sectors and with many nationalities located over five continents.
* Identified new ways of working and major cost reductions / service level improvements for a wide range of clients.
* Key player in a new company development from start up with 3 people to over 30 people with partnerships in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Singapore.
* Worked / lived in Nigeria; possibly the most challenging business environment in the world, where the following was achieved:
- Established cost reductions programme throughout all operations at the Head Office and team-lead senior managers to implement the changes needed.
- Joint strategy / design and, subsequent implementation / management of a 46400 sq. metre Inland Container Depot / Warehouse, employing 150 people in four locations, which became the most profitable activity in the company.
Stuart specialized particularly in the following areas:
* Identifying of training needs and delivering agreed training/facilitation solutions for performance improvements. (For example, of people promoted from shop floor into management positions, and of senior managers moving into Logistics).
* Delivering training to a wide range of personnel. (For example, supervisors and graduates to board directors, and for example, of senior managers on "How to Mentor" to achieve better success).
* Analysing competency models and syllabuses, then writing extensive ranges of training materials. (For example, reference manuals, notes, workbooks, case studies, projects, exercises, and assessments).
* Suggesting and negotiating changes to "traditional" habits, and facilitation of new methods. (For example, in 2005 in Nigeria, moving managers and supervisors from a task orientation style to a more consultation / participation and team building style).
* Consolidating training / Consultancy approaches to Manage Change during the introductions of technical changes, to make such implementations more effective.
Stuart worked in over 30 countries on 6 continents with a selection of the following clients:
J.Sainsbury, Nokia, Leeds University Business School, Nestle, MSAS, Nigerian LNG, Exel, Carlsberg Tetley, Woolworth, Blakes Chilled Distribution, WH Smith, TNT, Cheltenham Tutorial College, Jardine Hong Kong, Hawksmere, P&O, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, Levers, University of Salford, Hungarian Electric, Tibbett & Britten, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, Keyline, BNFL, PSL, Cussons International, Morrisons Trust, Home Farm Trust, Unipart, Yorkshire Water, Cranfield Trust, SABIC, Irish Management Institute, JBA, Pentland Group, UCI Logistics, Shell, Albert Fisher Group, Alraine of Nigeria, Knowledge Pool, Learn Direct/University for Industry, AGIP, Sonangol, Manor Bakeries, Smurfit Packaging, Coca Cola, Safeway, Al Furat Syria