Meet professional Consultant, here ...
David G.'s Profile
Oil Supply and Trading Consultant
David has over 30 years of hands-on experience with consultancy work at senior management level with major international oil companies.
David first entered the oil industry in the supply department of Iranian Oil Participants a western consortium (BP, Shell, Esso, Chevron, Texaco, Mobil, Gulf, CFP and Iricon group) which, prior to the Iranian revolution, had interests in crude oil and refined products exported from Iran.
In 1978 he joined the British National Oil Corporation (BNOC), in its infancy, progressing to the position of Manager -Supply Operations. In addition to managing day to day operations he served on several committees/work groups and had direct input into the development of many agreements in use today for the transportation of oil e.g. GT&C’s, Terminal and Oil filed lifting Agreements.
After the demise of BNOC he was head hunted to join the team setting up Elf Trading S.A. in Geneva now known as Totsa, Total Oil Trading S.A. Initially employed as Manager Operations he was subsequently promoted to General Manager Operations for the International Supply and Trading Division of the Elf group (now merged into Total International).
Now an independent consultant working out of the UK as MD of an Oil and Gas Services Firm his clients have included Bolero.Net, BP, Elf, Engen, ESS Databridge, Kennet Oil Logistics, SGS, Nabarro Nathanson, Total and Karachaganak Integrated Organisation (Consortium - Agip,Texaco,British Gas and Kazakhstan Government).
The Oil producer, supplier, shipper and trader can obtain independent advice drawn from in depth experience in the following areas:
* Pipeline and Lifting Agreements
* Storage and Terminalling Agreements
* Sale and Purchase contracts - Spot and Term
* Operation of 15-day Brent chains
* General Terms and Conditions of sale FOB/CFR/delivered etc
* Laytime and demurrage Clauses
* Organisation of operations and back office departments
* Staff Training
In addition, through direct involvement in industry initiatives, David is able to offer advice on the latest developments surrounding the electronic bill of lading and reduction of paper in supply chain management
Recent assignments have included advising certain participants in both the Caspian Pipeline Corporation (CPC) and the Baku to Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline projects.
Other experience includes speaking at various industry seminars and teaching courses as well as acting as an expert witness on trading disputes.
Through a network of experienced professionals expertise in other areas can normally be provided.
Other Recent assignments:
* Assisting in preparation of Total General Conditions of Sale 2007 edition,
* Drafting a new time charter agreement for use in the Rotterdam area Barge trade.
* Currently leader of the EBL group within LEAP
* In addition to business activities David is an elected member of Shepway District Council, Kent