Meet professional Consultant, here ...
Brian B.'s Profile
Experienced Implementer of Lean Manufacturing and TPM
Brian is a creative and innovative yet systematic leader of change through professional management skills in manufacturing industries to achieve world class performance. Results-driven for bottom line, and continuous improvement through team building, team leading and mentoring. Brian delivers significant and sustained benefits in all key business metrics, in several European languages, within the manufacturing arena.
Brian’s company provides the highest quality TPM training and consultancy to all sectors. He has achieved recognised practice status through the Institute of Business Consulting which is the custodian of professional standards for business consultants.
Institute of Business Consulting recognised practices have demonstrated the ability to deliver impartial, professional and cost-effective interventions with the interest of the client at the centre of their work.
Brian holds a BSc Mechanical Engineering, MSc Automobile Engineering and holds a Fellowship in Manufacturing Management. He studied TPM in Japan and was mentored by Professor Hajime Yamashina (Head of Mechanical Engineering, Kyoto University, and Chief Auditor, JIPM) and has been delivering TPM programmes for over 15 years. In the late 90’s he ran a TPM User Group, which facilitated TPM Best Practise with members including Unilever, 3M and Caradon. He has developed and delivered a TPM Masters Degree module for the University of Teesside and continues to develop his expertise in this area.
Some of Brian's Key Achievements include:
* Achieved a FIVE FOLD improvement in productivity within six months on a new automotive product line at Schott Fibre Optics
* £20M bottom line improvement over 4 years deploying Total Productive Maintenance philosophies and techniques in Caradon Group
* Achieved 99% customer complete and on time delivery in white goods company, reducing manufacturing lead time from 26 to 4 days using lean manufacturing principles at Ideal Boilers
* Densified operations on a 29 acre site freeing 60% space, with no reduction in throughput, deploying Just-ln-Time manufacturing at Ideal Boilers
* Improved Overall Equipment Effectiveness from 35% to 70%, in highly automated environment, increasing throughput and reducing cost by 60% by coaching teams in TPM practises at Schott Fibre Optics
* Implemented Cost Deployment program across a group of companies, identifying multi-million pound waste reduction opportunities
* Completed a £27M factory build in Zurich within budget, and on time, using local Swiss German dialect, and project management skills
* Helped clients in NE Region of UK create on average £1M new turnover, £400K safeguarded turnover created 2½ new jobs and safeguarded 7 jobs, for an investment cost of £6K. Most project targets exceeded manifold
* Awarded Fellowship in Manufacturing Management by the then British Prime Minister
Brian's clients include:
3M Atherstone, 3M Newton Aycliffe, Baxter Edwards (US), BICC Citec, Caradon Bathrooms, Challenger Group, Deknatel (Germany), Friedland, Gent, Honeywell (Holland), Honeyeywell (Scotland), Ideal Boilers, Lucas Aerospace, Mira Showers, MK Electrical, Pfeizer Climo (France), Philips TMC (Scotland), Plessey Radar, PRCS, Schneider (Switzerland), Schott Fibre Optics, Stelrad, Tritech, Tullis Russell, Victor Products