To help Leaders put into effect their duties, responsibility and promises to their people, it is essential that Leaders lead with the following 5 Leadership Characteristics...
There are very few individuals or groups of individual in government, commercial or voluntary organization in which so much power and responsibility has been bestowed upon it for the economic wellbeing, career progression and personal development of it employees, for this reason it is imperative that the position of Leader and the office of Leadership be treated and respected as a sacred trust.
In every organisation the mantel of leadership falls on the board of executives and especially to the board leader (The President or Chief Executive Officer).
It is to the President and board that the employees turn to for leadership. Every hope and fear of their human resource with respect to their economic wellbeing, career progression and personal development falls within the scope and duty of the board. Still this awesome responsibility means nothing if the organisational mission statement and culture lacks the ethos and commitment, of encouraging individuals in positions of leadership to participate in active mutually beneficial coaching, mentoring and training of its workforce.
To help Leaders put into effect their duties, responsibility and promises to their people, it is essential that Leaders lead with the following 5 Leadership Characteristics
1. Vision ? see that the leaders attitude towards the employee determines the employees attitude towards the organisation
2. Courage ? in keeping your commitment to your commitments to help your people realize and release their fullest potential
3. Perseverance ? to breed leaders out of workers
4. Responsibility ? Respond with positive ability to the challenges of people management
5. Character ? to act with uprightness in deeds and accomplishments
Did this Article help you? Share it on Social Media?
Sign Up Free once for a free Expertbase User Account - and never fill up a form again.